Friday, March 14, 2008

It's not you, it's me....

Have you ever had that said to you?
Me, no, I was never dating in high school. Of course there was guys that I liked, but I was always "the friend that didn't have a chance" type...sad, I know.
Well, this "it's not you, it's me" does not apply to dating right now. It applys to me, and how I am to friends.
You see I am the worst friend ever! There is no way getting around that and it's no wonder I only have like two "real" friends.
I will give you two examples of how much of a sucky friend I am....

I'll tell you that I'll call.....I got your number, really I do, it's just I am sooo horrible at calling people. And the people that I want to get back in to touch with....HA! I have about five of them that I had said I would call.

My friend that moved away(I miss her)...well, her kids have Christmas presents in my closet....and a birthday present, and a "just because I got crafty" gift too....by the time I ever get my butt to the post office, it's going to be one big package!

So, it's not you, it's me....
I'm just a sucky friend....
Call me first...
Someday that package will get to you;o)
Photobucket

Ciao.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Babe, honestly. No one thinks you're a sucky friend and don't start blogs talking about "it's not you, it's me." You're a grown person with a family and priorities. You can't be a sucky friend because you're a wonderful person who I love, you just also happen to be the best friend that I have ever had. Even if you were a sucky friend, wouldn't that be a fair trade for being a wonderful wife and mommy? Seems fair to me. I love you.

Lindsey said...

You are Not a bad friend! I suck at calling too. And don't worry about the gifts, it's the thought that counts and I know your thinking of us. Life gets in the way(I KNOW).I miss you guys too!

Tricia said...

I am very much like this! I put together little packages for my friend. Never mail them. I will remember days later that I haven't returned phone calls. I just plain such!

Emma in Canada said...

The sign made me laugh.

I recently had to say to a friend "It's not you, it's me" to explain why I hadn't called her forever and a day.

julie said...

I bet I'm a worse friend! I really only have one friend... and we have been best friends since we were babies. Other than that... well, I just get flaky. It's true.